Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Winner of the March Madness Pool!



The Supreme High Roller of 2008 is . . . my husband, Frank. If I could insert some sort of an anti-climatic "wah wah wah waaaah" sound clip, I would. I have had two totally objective contests on this blog and he has won them both. He won the first one by default* and this one, well, he wasn't even that interested. The man sat down for a good 45 minutes, filling out his bracket--for another pool--and only entered mine 1) as a favor to me and 2) because he thought we would be easy pickins. AND HE WINS THE WHOLE GD THING! So congratulations goes out to Frank. Whatever.

2nd Place: Amanda at Sucker for Marketing

3rd Place: Jessie at The Lucky Stone

Thank so much to all who played and congratulations to the Kansas Jayhawks! It was a championship game for the ages!

For the 2 Jayhawk fans out there who read this blog, come back later for more on the tourney and the victory.

*Although he was later disqualified.

8 comments:

ZDub said...

It was a good game. My daughter picked Memphis to win the whole time because Miley Cyrus lives there. She came pretty close. Congrats to Frank!

Sarahviz said...

We did a pool in the Trenches between me, Hubby and Eldest (age 6). Yeah, Eldest correctly picked the final four teams (all #1 seeds, but still) and whooped both our asses.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Make that 3 fans, ha ha! I lived there as a kid and my brother and sis are alums, so we cheered for them and the kiddos wore they gear.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear your commentary on the tourney, SGM! I knew you were a Jayhawk fan when you picked Darnell Jackson as one of your "Free Pass 5." Rock Chalk!

i suwannee said...

boo.

those are some big gentlemen yal have. particularly that one..

Jane E. said...

So, how old am I feeling since I remember the last time Kansas won the championship? And I kept thinking it wasn't that long ago?

Anonymous said...

rock chalk, baby ;)

Jennifer said...

woo whoo Kansas! I thought you'd like to know that I beat my husband in our bracket challege, and he is less-than-thrilled about. he thinks my affection for the Jayhawks is inappropriate since I was born in Manhattan, KS -- oh well!