Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm all in favor of recycling, but ...

SOL is Denver's premier lingerie shop in Denver's pricey Cherry Creek North. Why, why then are they soliciting used bras?


Am I misinterpreting this? I did not know that dingy stretched-out bras were items that could be donated. Or do they only accept bras that are in excellent condition? But who would donate a bra in excellent condition? Donating a bra is like donating underwear or something, right? It just seems a little demeaning. What's next? Old toothbrushes? Q-tips? Yes, I know, 7 questions in one paragraph. It's a bit much. I'm just perplexed.

**Update: I went to a consignment store today to find some shoes for the trailer trash Halloween party I am attending tonight, and what did they have, dangling from a big rack (no pun intended)? BRAS. Crazy.

7 comments:

Decorno said...

That's why in-kind donations drive me fucking insane... if my old suit doesn't cut it for work, i don't want to subject someone with fewer resources than me to it. Grr.

Love this post and the previous. You're a fucking crack up.

Decorno said...

That's why in-kind donations drive me fucking insane... if my old suit doesn't cut it for work, i don't want to subject someone with fewer resources than me to it. Grr.

Love this post and the previous. You're a fucking crack up.

Decorno said...

Oh - - how did the halloween party go?

SGM said...

It's so condescending, isn't it?

Thanks for the nice comments! The party was crazy and so fun. This is a theme party that everyone gets into: mullets, black eyes, dirty wifebeaters...and that's just the women. I went as Britney; all you need is a baby doll, cheetos, self tanner, cheap extensions and giant sunglasses. (Although everyone kept asking me if I was wearing underwear. ew, of course I was.)

corseted said...

I'm guessing that people would donate bras that no longer fit, on account of losing or gaining weight?

Brilliant Asylum said...

Um, gross. I am looking for a charity that distributes NEW bras and making a donation asap. Hopefully they can put this one out of business.

SGM said...

Brilliant A, I'm IN! Victoria's Secret surely has a program like this, being the corporate giant that it is. I'll have to check into it. Down with used bras!
corsetted (what an appropriate name for this post!), you may be right, but how many bras could this really net? I'm going to call them and ask more about this. I'll let you know.