Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tom DeLonge Scores

Last Tuesday my husband had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his knee and he has been immobilized and in lots of pain. Added to this, my kids didn't have school this week and were in desperate need of entertainment that was not tv and food that was not previously frozen. Lots of nursing and tap-dancing on my part. But right now everyone is asleep and/or drugged up, and it is relatively calm around here. So let's get on with it!

While my mother-in-law was at my house today and I was at the grocery store trying to find more things to buy so I wouldn't have to go home, I picked up In Style Home. And guess what. This guy here? Giving the devil horns? (Note: the website where I found this picture is apparently down, but I'm not going to replace it because I refuse to take out the term "devil horns" in this post. Let's just hope it gets back up soon!)


He looks like he lives in his van. But no--he has a seriously beautiful home. He is Tom DeLonge, formerly of the band Blink 182 and currently of Angels & Airwaves. His wife, Jennifer DeLonge, designs furniture and interiors. I love love love her style:


What I like most about this are the windows at the top. Normally I think that they would be ignored because they are tiny and up so high, and one would be inclined to paint the wall a light color and the windows would just blend. But no! She went dark* and the windows look like frames themselves. The chair and the lamp only add to the look, making the end result very cool, very rock-star-lives-here.

And now for the baby's room:


The valance, the grown up fabric on the little tiny chair, THE DAYBED. I could just die over that daybed. The chalkboard under the chair rail...hmmm. I can just picture my kids sliding their bodies across it and then rubbing up against the daybed.
But still. Beautiful.

The living room:


Please ignore my hugely inept scanning job and just look at the colors. How about those black accents? Ahhhh, my eyes are happy. I just want to take that fur throw and curl up on that couch and be all skinny and rich. WAY TO GO, Tom DeLonge. I don't know you, but it appears that you married way above yourself.

*What color is it? I wish I knew. Nothing in the resource section.

All photos courtesy of In Style Home, Fall/Winter 2007.

4 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I have been seeing that fabric on the daybed sofa all over the place lately! Great post, I have never seen pics of this guy's house (although I remember reading an article about his furniture designing wife in some other mag).

cotedetexas said...

I looks navy to me - the wallcolor - I like how she added the pictures so that the windows look like pictures themselves. Great nursery - I agree!

my little apartment said...

it is navy, but WHAT navy?! its the exact color i want to paint my living room...

love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this---I loved this article when I read it but threw out the magazine. I agree, Mrs DeLonge is awesome.

http://corksandcaftans.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/obsessions-2/