Monday, November 12, 2007

In case you haven't heard,

Lucky magazine and I have broken up. Read the update here. No, really, I'm fine; it's all for the best. My last issue was bittersweet, all at once affirming my decision (off the shoulder dresses for daytime, anyone?) yet reminding me of the good things that Lucky still has to offer. So I just wanted to give you a bit of the good without having to endure the bad. Here are some fantastic Lucky Breaks:

--25% off everything at Heidi. Just enter "luckybreaks1" at checkout. Fab gift wrap, $15 (sale price $11.25) for 4 sheets of 24" x 36":



--25% off everything at Jayson Home & Garden; enter "luckybreaks6" at checkout. This is what I like:

Bargello Chevron Pillow, $145, on sale for $108.75. Loved it ever since I spied it on Liz Lange's sofa.

Greta Table, $245, on sale for $183.75. So delicate.


Abbott Club Chair, $2280, on sale for $1710. YUMMY.

All right then. I will never speak on this subject again, unless provoked. Suck it, Lucky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you split. I've been annoyed by Lucky for a while now. They need to get their act together and get back to us...

Mélanie said...

lucky you , you split !!!

SGM said...

Thanks, Serena and Melanie. I know it hurts me more than it hurts Lucky, but there was just no trust left. I'll probably come crawling back, just like I did with domino, but I hope not.

Laura said...

i always regret it when i buy it. although i do enjoy jean godfrey june's columns, so i read them in the check out line. i'm always on the lookout for the nail polish remover that is going to change my life.

SGM said...

Laura, I like the idea. Kind of like a booty call. No commitment.

Richie Designs said...

Yay I'm breaking up soon too...

Where did Lucky go so wrong? I mean Domino is sooooooo good. I just don't get it.

It's very sad when it doesn't live up to it's potential