Thursday, November 15, 2007

PSA


Attention please. This is directed to anyone out there over 15 years of age using "69" in his or her email address: STOP IT.

I know 2 people who have the suggestive number in their email addresses; I am related to one (by marriage, I feel compelled to add) and I am merely acquainted with another (which is even worse). I love a good dirty joke, but execute it properly. This is funny. Getting a "69" email from the guy who is organizing your class reunion is not. It is creepy. I don't care if you were born in 1969 or you wore #69 on your high school jersey--no one will recall this when seeing your email in her inbox. And no, email addresses of this kind cannot be used ironically.

For the love of God, and for the sake of my mind's eye, get a new email address. Thank you.

photo courtesy of ashleigh ide on flickr

4 comments:

Decorno said...

Hysterical!

I hope PSA's become a regular feature on your blog.

fashiongirl said...

Yes please ditch the juvenile e-mail address, and get off Match.com too while you're at it.

s. said...

Hah! Sadly, the people who most need this information are probably not reading your blog. That being said, maybe their sisters, wives, gay friends, mothers are?

I can only hope...

SGM said...

Hmmm, thanks for the idea Decorno. You have no idea the bitchy judgments you have just unleashed. :)
fashiongirl, match.com needs to have an orientation and the first thing on the agenda should be "69 in your email address will repel the ladies."
s., I'm at a loss. I don't even have the balls to tell my own relative to lose the 69.
And I would like to add that the guy organizing my class reunion--he was born in 1971, 1970 at the earliest. There is no excuse. None at all.