Sunday, February 17, 2008

Couple Things

Do you see how I brought my two subjects together? Swimming suits and Scott Baio.

1. All right. When I was young and single, I was a member at a downtown gym with a steam room in the ladies locker room. Everyone steamed naked. No big deal, that's just how it was.

Fast-forward 10 years later. I walk into the steam room at my new suburban gym and everyone has towels on. In fact, it is a posted rule that towels or swimming suits must be worn in the steam room. Is this weird? I think it's weird.


2. Scott Baio, will you please please get a grip? You act like you are the first person in the history of mankind to ever be nervous about marriage and kids. Tonight, when you almost fainted during your tour of the labor and delivery ward? I had to turn the channel, I was so embarrassed for you. You can take the kid out of drama but you can't take the drama out of the kid, eh Chachi? You're 46. Stop this televised pity party and get some dignity, man.

12 comments:

Frantic Home Cook said...

Ha. When I see him now, I'm embarassed that I ever had a a ruined Scott Baio poster in my room. Grow up, boy-man.

I ♥ You said...

I agree. This show is UNWATCHABLE because he is acting (rather poorly) like a dumb little kid! If I were the chick carrying his kid I would just cut my loses and find me some child support. I want all those hours I spent watching Charles In Charge back.

Manda said...

WHat is the POINT in steaming with clothes on? If you arent comfortable (totally understandable) dont go, but dont ruin it for everybody else. I like a good steam, but stick a towel on it and its like whats the point?

SGM said...

FHC, we all loved him, don't be ashamed.
Paige, I esp loved him in Charles in Charge. I was also fond of Willie Ames, and look what a freako he turned out to be too. I agree on cutting your losses!
Manda, exactly. I'm so baffled by this rule. I mean, "no shaving in the steam room"--obviously. But to put steaming without a towel in the same category? Bizarre.

faithsalutes said...

I was so mortified by how childish and selfish Chachi was...I too turned the channel several times...but coming back to watch the train wreck. He is a complete freak and not attractive any more. Bring on the next unprepared for reality celebrity...

Brilliant Asylum said...

The only good thing about this show is the soundtrack which seems to be heavy on the hits from 1989-1991. His glory days, I presume?

Jane E. said...

Wait. How does Adrien Zmed get through this post unscathed?

SGM said...

jane e, ding ding ding! I was waiting for someone to identify him. :) You win a big pat on the back.

magicalphoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alis said...

this was interesting to hear! when I was a kid, my grandmother took me to a turkish bath (which is as you probably know steam+scrub+massage+shower+bath). oh, THE HORROR! an innocent child shouldn't be exposed to that extent of pubic hair..saggy boobs..the reality of aging and sagging became a dark cloud on my head from that day on. that day started a nakedly-socializing-phobia in me. so please, towels, please...

SGM said...

Alis! I understand the horror. But the steam is located in a locker room; they're going to see it sooner or later. Plus, no one over 12 in the steam.
Maybe there could be a rule such as, "if you are nicely groomed and your boobs aren't down to your belly button, towel is optional."

Joanna Goddard said...

i do this that is weird in the steam room....everyone is so uptight these days! barg....

your blog is so funny:)