Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I may never get off the couch again

Everyone has totally already scooped me on this, but I thought you needed to hear it from me too. According to everyone in the whole gd world, Bravo is bringing back Real Housewives of Orange County for a fourth season, Real Housewives of NYC for a second season and there will be a new Housewives series set in New Jersey.* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Also coming back: Flipping Out 2 (woo hoo!), Project Runway 5 (before it moves to Lifetime) and Tim Gunn's Guide to Style 2 (before he moves to Lifetime too, and Tim, please tell me that you've ditched Veronica Webb). Project Runway 5 will premiere in July, but no word on when the others are going to air.

New shows include that awful Date my Ex, featuring poseurs Jo and Slade from Real Housewives of Orange County and a Rachel Zoe reality show.

Stockpile your food, clear your schedules--or better yet--quit your job, because there's a whole lotta tv watchin' to do!



*Someone tried desperately to tip me off to this in the comments of the Real Housewives NYC finale post, but I thought it was a joke--a hilarious joke. I mean, really! The accents! I may be forced to watch this show through closed captioning.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! This is too good! I'm so glad they're bringing back Flipping Out!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I agree puhleeze Tim Gunn ditch Veronica Webb. She is nothing but a weird, weighty anchor.

Thanks for the scoop I'm so looking forward to all of these TV dramz.

ZDub said...

Did you ever watch Family Plots on A&E? It was about the family that ran the funeral home. I kinda liked that show.

I don't like Veroncia Webb. I can't watch it because of her.

Richie Designs said...

oh my...house wives of new jersey? lordie that's a little nugget of love if I do say so myself.

flipping out is a train wreck I can't help but watch.

Tim Gunn needs a female to anchor the underwear deal is an important factor and having a dude do it just isn't the same.

style and grace said...

Oh my.......this is the BEST news I've heard all week. Do you know that i have been googling "Real Housewives Orange County Season 4" hoping to hear the news. And Real Housewives of New Jersey??? Now my husband (from NJ) and me (from the OC) can battle it out as to whose state produces the biggest douche bags. I already know New Jersey will win that one!! Bravo is genious.

MaudeLowell said...

I can't wait for the finale!!

From today's NYP - Page 6

'housewives' Go Really Batty

THE women on "The Real Housewives of New York City" nearly clawed each other's eyes out behind the scenes on the recently taped reunion special airing next week. Bravo host Andy Cohen interviewed the five women about the show's first season. All was fine until an hour in, when bitter wife Ramona Singer stormed off the stage and refused to return. "She didn't like Andy asking her about not inviting Jill Zarin to a dinner party," said one insider. Single housewife Bethenny Frankel stuck up for Singer on camera, saying they shouldn't bash her if she's not there to defend herself. "Ramona heard Bethenny say her name and started screaming from the side of the stage, 'Don't you speak for me,' and that's when it got heated," said our source. "Bethenny confronted her off camera, saying 'Who do you think you are, Madonna?' - because Ramona had been demanding outrageous things from the hair and makeup people." Fights also broke out between Zarin and Singer and Alex McCord and Singer. "Ramona is the most hated person in New York right now," said our spy. A show rep had no comment.

katiedid said...

Just checking in to see if I missed anything good on the tube this week. I did catch the latest NYC wives,and I am never disappointed, and always confounded. And what an amazing line-up in store for the future. I am always a little amazed that people will indiscriminately open themselves up this way. Lesson: Bethanny's poor boyfriend lost his job?!

whogivesaFwhatIdo said...

Can't wait to see neurotic Jeff Lewis Flipping Out. Love that show.